#OnThisDay ……….2007: NFL star Michael Vick pleads guilty to a federal dogfighting conspiracy charge.
Also on this day:
- 1859: Edwin L. Drake drills the first successful oil well in the United States, at Titusville, Pa.
- 1928: The Kellogg-Briand Pact is signed in Paris, outlawing war and providing for the peaceful settlement of disputes.
- 1945: U.S. troops begin landing in Japan after Japan’s surrender in World War II.
- 1963: Author, journalist and civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois dies in Accra, Ghana, at age 95.
- 1967: Brian Epstein, manager of the Beatles, is found dead in his London flat from an accidental overdose of sleeping pills.
- 1989: The first U.S. commercial satellite rocket is launched from Cape Canaveral, Fla. — a Delta booster carrying a British communications satellite, the Marcopolo 1.
Mars as seen from orbit in the 1970s by NASA’s Viking mission.
- 2003: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 60,000 years.
- 2005: Coastal residents jam freeways and gas stations as they rush to get out of the way of Hurricane Katrina, which is headed toward New Orleans.
- 2006: A Comair CRJ-100 crashed after trying to take off from the wrong runway in Lexington, Ky., killing 49 people and leaving the co-pilot the sole survivor.
- 2008: Barack Obama was nominated for president by the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring